Today, ReFED announced the introduction of the ReFED Food Waste Action Network (FWAN), a space designed to inspire collaboration between individuals and organizations from across the food system and from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Building on ReFED's history of convening leaders in the food waste sector through our Expert Network and Further with Food initiatives, the new ReFED FWAN offers opportunities to connect with, teach, learn from other members, and gain access to the most up-to-date information on the topic – ultimately driving action toward our collective goal of reducing U.S. food waste by 50% by 2030.
"With its central role in the U.S. food system, ReFED is uniquely positioned to drive coordination and collaboration across food businesses, funders, subject matter experts, researchers, government agencies, food waste solution providers, and other groups," said Alexandria Coari, Vice President, Capital, Innovation, & Engagement at ReFED. "Reaching our goal of cutting food waste in half by 2030 requires all hands on deck, and we’re excited to launch an action-oriented network that will allow members to ideate, collaborate, and activate viable food waste solutions across the supply chain."
Sign up for free using the link below or read on for more information about what it’s all about.
What You Need to Know
Who is the ReFED Food Waste Action Network for?
The ReFED FWAN is a free network designed for individuals and organizations interested in the fight against food waste – from food businesses, investors, entrepreneurs, and researchers to funders, community leaders, government officials, and more. We’ll offer events and resources tailored to specific groups, as well as regular opportunities for collaboration across groups.
Why become an official member of the ReFED FWAN?
In addition to participating in general ReFED programming, ReFED FWAN members will have access to a wide range of exclusive events and opportunities, including:
- Meet new solution providers, funders, food businesses, government agencies, academics, consultants, and researchers with similar food waste reduction goals.
- Gather with leaders from relevant sectors to discuss specific food waste topics and share insights, lessons learned, existing initiatives, and opportunities for collaboration or project development.
- Get early access to tickets for ReFED events like the ReFED Food Waste Summit and Innovation Workshop.
- Office Hours: Connect directly with ReFED staff with questions regarding your food waste reduction strategy or the Insights Engine and Roadmap to 2030.
- Lunch ‘n’ Learns: Learn from leaders and experts across the food system on various food waste topics including: the climate-food waste connection, how policy and infrastructure plans under the new administration can fight food waste, the role of blended finance vehicles in scaling innovation in food waste solutions, and more.
- Innovation Demo Days: Hear about and see the latest innovations helping food businesses fight food waste!
- Blogs & Case Studies: Share your insights and amplify your work via case studies and articles highlighted on ReFED’s website and blog.
Can I share this with others?
Absolutely - if you have a recommendation of an individual or company that should join the ReFED FWAN, please share this with them.
Who can I contact for more information?
If you have any questions, please contact Lily Herd at email@example.com.
OK, I’m interested! How do I sign up?
Click on the button below to fill out the short application form.