ReFED is seeking a seasoned packaging professional to develop a multistakeholder project plan for food waste prevention packaging. Contracted work includes but is not limited to:
* Consider current landscape and literature to inform the design of the initiative and identify key stakeholders
* Identify, analyze, and prioritize packaging solutions with high-volume and/or high-value food waste diversion potential. Final analysis should include the following:
* Existing solutions in s**poilage prevention packaging, packaging adjustments, and compostable packaging**
* Recommended food product categories and partners for implementation
* Feasibility assessment of proposed solutions - current barrier(s) to adoption and recommended action to overcome barrier(s)
* Ranking of solutions in terms of size of the opportunity (diversion potential, economic value, water conservation, GHG emissions reduction), and feasibility
* Classify recommended solutions as ready-to-scale, ready-to-pilot, and need further research or technical validation
* Coordinate with ReFED’s Multistakeholder Initiatives Director and Business Engagement Manager to ensure application in a ReFED working group context
Recommendations must also address sustainability trade-offs, particularly the challenge between packaging reduction and food waste prevention.
The final deliverable includes a packaging solutions Excel data set and a PowerPoint deck recommending the (1) **top three** packaging solutions that are proven, cost effective and scalable, (2) **top three** packaging solutions ready to pilot, and (3) **top three** packaging solutions requiring additional research or innovation. Each solution should include barriers and key stakeholders, as well as recommendations for next steps.
*Please read the [complete RFP](/ReFED RFP - Food Waste Prevention Packaging.pdf) for additional details.*